Monday, November 5, 2012

The Investment Bag

A few years back, my sister gave me a book called, Spanx The One Hundred, a Guide to the Pieces Every Stylish Woman Must Own by Nina Garcia of Project Runway (at least that's how I knew her).  My sister actually got it for herself and turned it over to me when she was done.  And for a non-fashion person like me, it was quite interesting.


This copy is actually a special edition that features only 25 of The One Hundred.

One of the things on Nina's list is the Investment Bag.   Ok, so I'm not exactly into the Investment Bag thing.  (Hey, no judgement on those who are into luxury bags.)

I guess it's more because I'm not a bag person.  I just use one bag until it's all worn out and then I buy the next bag.  However I must admit, it used to be that I won't spend for a bag if it costs more than P1,000.  So you'd see me in those cloth type bag types and even faux leather (gasp!).  I was also limited to the size that would just be enough to keep a small wallet and a mobile phone.  And it'd be black.

But following my office makeover, I've decided to get my own Investment Bag (and because I got it at 20% off).  No, it's still not one of those monogramed bags but to me it's already an investment!  It's from our very own homegrown local premium leather brand, Fino. 


Look Ma, it's not black and 10x bigger than a wristlet.

What I like about Fino?  It's got really good quality.  I've owned a Fino wallet and it's probably 10 years old and still using it.  Likewise, my sister left her Fino bag when she migrated in 2008 and the bag still looks great after soooo many years!  Also, it's not as expensive as them luxury brands.  And I don't think you'll find a fake Fino in Greenhills.  :P

For the curious, Nina Garcia mentions four bags that are worth your big bucks. If you want to know what they are and what she says about these bags, you'd have to buy the book (or I'll have to lend you my copy) lest I be charged for copyright infringement.

No comments:

Post a Comment