Thursday, January 1, 2009

Tempero do Brasil (http://www.temperodobrasil.net/)


Rating:★★★★
Category:Restaurants
Cuisine: Other
Location:5628 University Way NE, Seattle WA
Part of what I enjoy about traveling is trying out new cuisines.
Tonight, I met up with my old college friend Le, who's based in Seattle. He and his partner Mike brought me to this authentic Basilian restaurant along University Way. They've been there about 4 times and love how authentic the food tastes.
It's a quaint little restaurant much like a small house converted into a restaurant. It's quite a small structure compared to the other small buildings in the vicinity so one can easily miss it when you're driving by. But just the same the space is adequate and cozy with nice dark wood chairs and tables that give the place an intimate feel. (Picture here is from their website and not sure if it's due to the winter that the front porch-like area is currently covered with temporary walls so as to keep the place free from draft.)
Anyway, Le and I shared an order of Moqueca de Camarao (prawns simmered in coconut milk, onions and tomatoes, palm oil) as well as the House Special (stew of 3 types of meats with black beans and some greens on the side). Both served with rice. The prawns were perfectly creamy to my taste and the stew had such tender meats and sausages that easily complemented the black beans. Really mouth watering. I didn't know which was the last taste I wanted to leave in my mouth! Really yummy!
Only reason I rated it 4 stars is that I have yet to try the other dishes. And well, it's a bit pricey with appetizers at around $6 and the main course at $19 but just the same, I wouldn't mind going back once in a while. :-)

Thanks again to Le for treating me to such a wonderful, memorable meal.

1 comment: